- Highlights dis/connects, exit directions, and start of item/player/exit list.
- Highlights AFK and new message announcements.
- Simplifies going AFK: just
away msg, and it will @away and zone you.
- Defines the standard i and inv abbreviations for inventory.
Why tintin++? Process of elimination!
- tinyfugue’s website had no useful information and was even more outdated than tintin++'s.
- Savitar was shareware, and it’s looking long in the tooth these days.
- The Atlantis interface was awkward, and I had trouble wrangling it’s flexible but underdocumented scripting interface to do what I want.
- tintin++‘s interface is simple enough that you can figure out how to do pretty much what you want by brute force.
- Mac OS X:
brew install tintin(Fink and MacPorts users, you’re on your own.)
- Other platforms: Likewise on your own.
I hope this saves some other ifMUD newbie some time. Those of you who haven’t checked out ifMUD, check it out!